top of page


Partner visa

If you are in a relationship with a partner (this includes a same sex partner) who is an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand citizen you may be able to apply for a Partner Visa.

Your Australian partner can be your husband or wife, de facto partner (living together but not married), your fiancé or a person you wish to have a long-term relationship with.

You can be eligible for a Partner Visa whether you or your partner live in Australia or outside of Australia.

Couple at Ocean
There are many Partner Visa pathways

Often this is a two, three or four step process achieved by first applying for a Temporary Visa and then a Permanent Visa. In some cases, you may immediately apply for a Permanent Partner Visa.

There are a number of different partner visa pathways, with each having varying advantages. We explain each pathway available to you. Most importantly, we will advise you how to demonstrate to the Australian Government that you and your partner have a genuine and continuing relationship.  This is critical for a successful Partner visa.


Please contact us if you are interested in a Partner Visa pathway.

Image by Naassom Azevedo
bottom of page